Building Envelope Engineer/Technologist (EIT)
Vancouver-based JRG Building Engineering Inc. is looking to hire a Building Envelope Engineer/Technologist.
Your role will include co-ordinating projects and finding building envelope solutions for our clients, as well as engineering consulting for the firm. The work will focus mainly on new residential construction.
This position is a perfect launching point to become a Professional Engineer or Senior Project Manager, and be part of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial-type engineering firm.
This is not your typical office job. It’s not a job for someone who needs lots of direction. This is a job where you will learn rapidly, be expected to generate creative solutions and be part of a company that does things differently and innovate our industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or preferably, a major in architectural, civil or similar.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and sketching.
- Some previous construction or project management experience.
- Engineering degree (EIT, P.GEO, P.Eng or Architectural Technologist certificate)
The Building Envelope Technologist will need to learn quickly and provide solutions for our clients. Communication is key and we value the personalized service.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Envelope inspections
- Field reviews
- Building envelope design
- Technical writing
- Ability to complete field reviews and inspection reports
- Determine deficiencies in the building envelope
- Remediate the deficiencies in the building envelope
- Demonstrate knowledge of building codes and building practices
- Educate contractors, building officials, professionals on building envelope applications
- and most importantly, Business Development.
Core skills include:
- Understanding of structural and mechanical design
- Understanding of the residential construction industry
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and designing technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form
- Professional demeanour
You will be in charge of building envelope design, field reviews, inspections, client meetings and innovation for existing residential projects and new construction.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- part-time: $25,000
- full-time: $50,000
- remote work opportunities
- cell phone and vehicle allowance
- laptop provided
- annual bonus structure
- no benefits package is provided
JRG Building Engineering is owned and operated by Julio Reynel, P.Eng., a registered professional in BC and AB. Located in Kitsilano, the firm deals primarily with residential Part 9 builders. JRG’s clients are designers, technologists, architects, custom builders and homeowners who seek to improve the way they build, and produce quality construction.
JRG is based on personal and professional service, and entrepreneurial mindset, which has contributed to its fast growth. Together, our goal will be to constantly improve and innovate the building envelope industry and help educate our clients on better ways to create quality, efficient residential structures.