Certified Energy Advisor (CEA) Vancouver
JRG Building Engineering is hiring a Certified Energy Advisor for New Homes to join our dynamic team, located in Vancouver.
Certified Energy Advisors in BC provide energy evaluations for homeowners. This includes conducting blower door tests and air quality tests on new homes in the Lower Mainland.
Our firm is creating this CEA position within our team to meet the demands of the new BC Energy Step Code. We are seeking a candidate who is energetic and enthusiastic about exploring opportunities to bring energy efficiency to jurisdictions that will be developing increased energy efficiency requirements in the near future.
- Successful completion of an approved training program as a CEA for New Homes in British Columbia
- Successfully passed the NRCan examination for CEAs in BC
- Previous experience in home energy auditing preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience within the home construction and renovation industries
- Candidates may own their own blower door equipment, or JRG Building Engineering can offer assistance in providing this equipment
- Candidates should have their own E&O insurance, or JRG Building Engineering can offer assistance in procuring this insurance
- Experience auditing and modelling in Hot 2000 software
- Have a clean BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Schedule and perform energy audits on residential homes around the Lower Mainland
- Create Hot 2000 reports based on the findings of your home energy audits
- Communicate with homeowners and builders to schedule audits
- Build, increase and maintain relationships with residential builders in the interest of growing the CEA branch of the JRG Building Engineering firm
A company vehicle and laptop will be provided for the successful candidate. JRG also offers a cellphone allowance for candidates who join our team. Benefits will also be provided.
JRG Building Engineering is a building envelope engineering firm located in Kitsilano. Our team provides building engineering services to builders and homeowners across the BC Lower Mainland.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter here.
Building Envelope Engineer/Technologist (EIT)
Vancouver-based JRG Building Engineering Inc. is looking to hire a Building Envelope Engineer/Technologist.
Your role will include co-ordinating projects and finding building envelope solutions for our clients, as well as engineering consulting for the firm. The work will focus mainly on new residential construction.
This position is a perfect launching point to become a Professional Engineer or Senior Project Manager, and be part of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial-type engineering firm.
This is not your typical office job. It’s not a job for someone who needs lots of direction. This is a job where you will learn rapidly, be expected to generate creative solutions and be part of a company that does things differently and innovate our industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or preferably, a major in architectural, civil or similar.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and sketching.
- Some previous construction or project management experience.
- Engineering degree (EIT, P.GEO, P.Eng or Architectural Technologist certificate)
The Building Envelope Technologist will need to learn quickly and provide solutions for our clients. Communication is key and we value the personalized service.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Envelope inspections
- Field reviews
- Building envelope design
- Technical writing
- Ability to complete field reviews and inspection reports
- Determine deficiencies in the building envelope
- Remediate the deficiencies in the building envelope
- Demonstrate knowledge of building codes and building practices
- Educate contractors, building officials, professionals on building envelope applications
- and most importantly, Business Development.
Core skills include:
- Understanding of structural and mechanical design
- Understanding of the residential construction industry
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and designing technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form
- Professional demeanour
You will be in charge of building envelope design, field reviews, inspections, client meetings and innovation for existing residential projects and new construction.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- part-time: $25,000
- full-time: $50,000
- remote work opportunities
- cell phone and vehicle allowance
- laptop provided
- annual bonus structure
- no benefits package is provided